They are creating the 3 posts for the front porch. Here's the wood they are wrapping them with when they are done.
I can't remember if I ever said but--- I really wanted white columns (that never need to be painted) out there. I did tons of research to see if I could make them work. I was even willing to pay double the price, maybe even triple because I love them so much! However- Montana is NOT the mecca of colonial house building. I found some I was willing to pay for but they wanted that much in shipping to get them here. And the closest place I could pick them up was in Texas. Bummer! Oh well. Maybe I can wrap them someday.
Chuck picked up the outside lighting.
For some reason, they messed up the back deck. I thought it looked really good yesterday but today it's pretty scratched up and holes are filled again and some places are badly chipped. Holy Moly! What happened?
They did put in the gas line for the BBQ out on the deck though. Pretty neat!
My kitchen countertops are in. Amazing!!! Look at that gorgeous kitchen! He also put the knobs on. They were hung in a place I wouldn't have necessarily picked (they're not in the corners) but I guess it will work. I love the contrast. The pulls for the drawers should be put on tomorrow. (I did notice that he put up a backslash. I'm almost positive that we didn't buy backslash for the kitchen because there is no sink over there. Plus I figured I'd just do a tile something down the road up to the cabinets. I wonder if he will have enough for the bathrooms and the laundry??? Oops!)
Jess even put a plug on each side of my island. Luv him for that!
Sears delivered my appliance today. So excited!!
(Trent at Sears called to tell me there's a small scuff on the fridge door. They are willing to discount it or order replacement doors or wait until a new one gets here. But we need them now so that last one was not an option. We looked at it. We actually couldn't find it for a while. It's not too bad. We'll probably just take the discount but we'll see after we take all the plastic off.)
They did put the gas line in for the range. Brett is so excited for a gas stove. I'm still a little nervous.
I did fix the dishwasher air gap thingy. You can say it... I'm awesome! A little oil rubbed bronze spray paint and whoala!! Perfect match.
They put a ledge and trimmed up by the downstairs wall. And at least cut the carpet for the stairs.
Downstairs linen closet is almost done.
I bought some red adirondack chairs for our back deck by our fireplace. I love them!! We stuck them in the basement. It was so nice and cool down there, Liberty said she might just keep one down there.
We took the family out to work on part of the fireplace. We got all the backer board up. We were going to paint it with waterproofing paint but when we opened the can it was like small blue rubber pieces. We think something was wrong with it so we'll take it back and see what it's really supposed to look like before we do anymore.
Before we left, the sky caught on fire. ;) Oh my heavens! I love it out here!
Big Bummer- The cabinet guy informed me that the cabinets in the laundry room will most likely NOT work. The one for the sink is too big and the upper one is supposed to match that. I could cry! But I'll save that for another day and just bask in the beauty of my backyard.
















No comments:
Post a Comment