Months ago, Liberty planned a party with her friends to come out to the new house and do an all day Marvel Movie Marathon. As this house project has stretched out WAY longer than promised, we told Chuck that she was having it regardless if we closed today. So, we brought over a TV, a DVD player, blankets, pillows and large beanbag chairs (borrowed from the Paynes- thanks guys! You're awesome!) and set up a Theater Room in the master. I took Liberty out this morning to meet all her friends for a long day of teenager fun! I was in and out all day to "supervise" the chaos. It sounds like they had a blast! They are already planning Part 2 & Part 3 for the coming years! Cute girls!
I also met the Sears technician out on faith this morning to check out the fridge. He did some assessment and told me that the circuit board is fried. Anytime he bumps a wire, it shorts out. He called the manager out at Sears and they are going to see what they can do to get us a new fridge. However, that could be a week or two. Holy Bummer! Thank heavens we have an extra fridge we are bringing with us. But nothing like a brand new house that you have to go to the garage for your fridge items. LOL
Dustin made it out this morning to put the crown molding in the laundry room. I love it so much more with it on! Now I have to figure out how to get a pole and a shelf between them. I thought it would be wide enough to do a wire shelf but it isn't. Plan B, I guess. What is Plan B though, I wonder?
He also covered the hole under the sink. Not the most professional looking thing but at least stuff won't fall under the cabinet down there.
I started moving some loads over as I went back and forth between the apartment and the house checking on kiddos. I am SOOOO excited to decorate this place! So fun!
I started lining the drawers so they will be ready and protected when we get all our stuff over here!
I stuck my deck chairs out on the back deck. Seriously!!! It's like a picture from a House Design magazine! Is that not the most gorgeous back deck you've ever seen!!! LOVE it!
Around 3 pm, I met Brett at Rocky Mountain Title to sign papers. Brett went early and got something worked out with Chuck to make sure he gets done the things we still need finished (or reimburses us so we can do it ourselves). Kevin was there with us and we got everything signed. So, officially this puppy is ours! [OK, it's the banks but we'll take it!!!] Kevin reiterated that their "job is not done just because we signed papers" I rebutted with the fact of the million horror stories we've heard from others that have built. {and get dropped as soon as they get their money} But he assured us that they are at our disposal for things that still need to get done. It was a nice gesture so hopefully they'll keep their word about it.
We spent the afternoon watching the party girls, moving over a couple of loads in the van and setting things up a bit. I can't tell you how excited we all are to be in our new home.
Justice and Victoria helped me put together our bar stools. I am so happy with them! Cutest kitchen ever!
Here's a close up of my cute chairs. I actually redid the seat tops to match my floors. Darling, right? The flowers were a house warming gift from the family of one of the party girls. How sweet was that!?
And there you have it. Operation MT House is now complete!!












No comments:
Post a Comment